How Do Professionals Clean Tile and Grout?
Tile and grout add a finishing touch to homes and interior spaces, however, they attract a lot of dirt and can be a pain to clean. Over time, grout can look dirty due to continuous washing and mopping of floors improperly.
So, how do professionals clean tile and grout?
The process of cleaning involved the following:
1. Vacuum – vacuuming loosens up and removes any dry soil that may be present on your floor.
2. Mopping – mopping removes any stains or set-in dirt from your floors. It’s important to change your mop water regularly. Remember to rinse after mopping to avoid streaking dirt.
3. Steam Cleaning – for this process you will need a high-powered steam cleaner. A crevice attachment tool is great for those harder-to-reach areas. Start in a small area and gradually work around the creases of your tiles. This will remove all the dirt in between cracks and crevices.
4. Drying – drying your tiles after you’ve cleaned them is important. You may need to use multiple towels.
Hiring a professional
There are many advantages to hiring a professional tile and grout cleaning contractor. For one, scrubbing down large areas of tile and grout can take a long time and can be extremely tiring.
Professional tile cleaning contractors use a high-pressure multi-jet rotating steam cleaning tool. This tool is hooked up to a truck-mounted steam cleaning machine. This machine with it’s specialized tools can effectively clean large areas of tile and grout in a relatively short period of time.
No Mess No Fuss Cleaning
The high-pressure multi-jet rotating steam cleaning tool causes no splashes or messes. The high-pressure steam is contained under a cleaning disk so there is no splash or overspray to worry about. A powerful vacuum hose extracts away dirt, grease and grime along with excess cleaning agents used.
In addition, professionals are able to sanitize your tiles and porous lines, both areas that are susceptible to mold, bacteria and harmful pathogens. The high-pressure steam from the professional tools can get deep into the porous grout lines to kill the mold, bacteria and other harmful pathogens.
If you decide to hire a professional to clean your tile and grout, there are some things to consider before hiring a professional.
1. Hire professionals that specialize in cleaning tile, grout, and stone. A carpet cleaning machine will not work to clean tile and grout.
2. Make sure they are fully licensed, insured and bonded to the licensing standards required for your particular area.
3. Make sure any potential tile cleaning contractors do an estimate first before coming out to clean your tile and grout
4. Check reviews on Google
5. Always make sure that the contractors do a tile cleaning sample while they are doing an estimate.
Finally, clean floors make your home look and feel great. We hope the information today helps you understand how professionals clean tile and grout. If you’re interested in calling the professionals for tile cleaning, contact us today.
Ready to Get Started?
Our professional team is ready to start whenever you are. Just click the button below to begin!