How To Get Rid of Makeup Stains Out of Carpet
If you had a makeup stain on your clothes, you already know how irritating it is.
Imagine the same makeup stain on your carpets! That’s even worse.
Makeup stains can be a tremendous pain to deal with when it comes to removing from your carpet.
Now you can relax.
Because in this post, we put together everything you should know about removing makeup stains from carpet as well as basic makeup removal tips and tricks.
Tips & Tricks #1: Identify Makeup Stain
It’s important to know what type of makeup stain you are dealing with. Because there are different cleaning agents for each variety of makeup stains and if you are not using the correct agent, the spot might get even larger.
Tips & Tricks #2: Test
Always try the cleaning method you are going to apply on a small spot. Make sure that it doesn’t harm your rug or carpet.
Tips & Tricks #3: Blot Instead of Rubbing
Blotting is a smart move when it comes to cleaning a carpet. If you rub instead of blotting, the stain goes more in-depth to the fibres of the rug. Therefore, it’ll be almost impossible to get rid of the stain without professional help.
Tips & Tricks #4: Safety First
Always use plastic gloves. Some of the cleaning agents might contain chemicals like bleach.
Tips & Tricks #5: Get Help Before It’s Too Late
Asking for help is nothing to be ashamed of. If you don’t know the raw material of your carpet, avoid using chemicals like bleach and detergent. These chemicals might cause irrecoverable damages.
What is the Best Way To Clean Makeup Out of Carpet?
Unfortunately, there is not one perfect cleaning solution to get rid of all kinds of makeup stains.
That’s why we list the type of makeup stains and proper cleaning solutions for them in the subtitles below:
How To Remove Lipstick Stain From Carpet?
Try to clean the lipstick stain as quickly as possible. If you let the stain wait for a while, you might not be able to get rid of the stain entirely. This rule is suitable for almost all type of carpet stains.
Lipstick is an oil-based beauty product. Therefore, you can use a stain remover chemical or degreaser as your cleaning agent. Here is how to do it:
- Spray stain remover or degreaser on the lipstick stain.
- Use a clean white towel to transfer the stain from the carpet to the cloth.
- Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the results.
If this method doesn’t work, here is another way to remove lipstick from carpet:
- Prepare a cleaning solution by mixing hand dishwashing detergent (liquid) with white vinegar, and warm water.
- Apply the mix to the stain. Absorb the stain with the mixture using the cloth/sponge/towel.
- Rinse sponging with cold water.
- Repeat until the stain is gone.
How To Remove Liquid Foundation Stains From Your Carpet?
There are different methods to get rid of liquid foundation stain, but the process below is the best one I’ve seen so far. You’ll need hydrogen peroxide, iron and a sponge/cloth/towel. Here is how it works:
- Pour some hydrogen peroxide right on the stain.
- Cover it with a wet white cloth and put a hot iron on top.
- Wait several minutes and raise the fabric.
You’ll observe the stain will be transferred to the cloth. Do not let the iron box touch your carpet directly.
How To Remove Mascara and Eyeliner Stains From Your Carpet?
- Dampen the white cloth with some warm water and add some white vinegar on the fabric.
- Dab on the stain gently but tightly until you see the stain transferring to the towel/sponge/cloth.
- Continue dabbing until all the dye is extracted.
- Rinse the residue with warm water.
In our daily lives, we are always busy. We have to catch up with work, family, friends etc. As Golden Line Green Care family, we do our best to help you focus what’s important for you. Cleaning is our passion. In the last 15 years, we have seen many different types of stains. We developed our cleaning methods to deal with all kind of stains you didn’t even know existed.
We are only one call away! Call us today if you need help with your cleaning!