How to Avoid An Air Duct Cleaning Scam
Beware of air duct cleaning scams! Very few people understand air duct cleaning procedures, which may lead to scam. More often than once, scams are difficult to recognize from the real deal. Here are some tips on how to avoid air duct cleaning.
What is an Air Duct Cleaning Scam
Whether you live in the GTA or anywhere in Ontario, you have probably received a call from an air duct cleaning telemarketer.
- Hired foreign call centers to call Canadians
- Facebook Groups advertising offering air duct cleaning services in different Facebook Groups
How An Air Duct Cleaning Scams Work
- Telemarketers make cold calls to customers using a variety of numbers that appear like that are from the GTA.
- Telemarketers offer deals that seem too good to be true. The customer makes an appointment however, once the company arrives at the home, they upsell the customer with extra costs that weren’t discussed during the initial call.
- Customers could pay twice as much
- On social media networks like Facebook, you may find someone posting in your local buy and sell group.
- the posts can look legitimate and will often ask for a large deposit upfront
How to avoid air duct cleaning scams
- When offered a good price for your air duct cleaning and the offer sounds too good to be true,there is a possibility it is.Cleaning your air duct is very much costly but with a well known company it is worth it to get the job well done.
- Ensure to read the fine print before signing any contracts to make sure you know what the work entails and what will be included in price.
- Do not share your personal information (i.e social insurance numbers,date of birth,or credit card numbers).
- If you receive an unexpected call and get an uneasy feeling from the sales pitch, hang-up immediately .
Download a caller ID and call blocking app to help filter unwanted calls this will help scam calls from getting through to your phone.
- When they refuse to provide a company name in the classified post.Legitimate business want their name out in the public to showcase their services.
- Scammers will provide company names via a personal message such as “Duct Cleaning Colorado” or “Duct Cleaners”.These names are impossible to find on Google since these names are very generic.
- Scam provides phone numbers on these scam posts which cannot be found via Google or any other search engines.
- Scam Facebook accounts are days to weeks old. In most cases, their names do not match the usernames in their URL. This is one of the biggest and easiest red flags to spot when it comes to a scam.
- A Scam Facebook profile is locked down tighter than Fort Knox.No friends, posts or photos can be seen.
- Their occupation says they work at Facebook Marketplace.
- Scammer uses the word “kindly.” Example: Kindly message me to have our service.
Hire a Professional
Golden Line Green Care services are effective in all aspects of maintenance enforcement. The sinus or congestion you may be suffering from can all be resolved in a trustworthy company like Golden Line Green Care!
Ready to Get Started?
Our professional team is ready to start whenever you are. Just click the button below to begin!